Best laser for uneven, acne scar, dull skin?

im asian, mid 20s with combo, dull skin with some acne scar (ice and box scars) and i wonder what laser is best to make the skin more even, plumper and brighter? is ipl a good idea? I just did fractional laser co2 for my temples (my scars) but the rest of my face is still uneven with big pores, white- and black heads and i want to find the best laser for this type of skin

Halo Laser

IPL is a good treatment for pigment but you also have to be careful because of your skin type. In order to treat acne scars you would want an ablative laser. We need to create a thermal injury to change the texture of the skin. I would recommend the Halo laser. It is a safer laser for your skin type and could address your concerns. Schedule a consultation with a laser specialist near you.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Non-Ablative Laser Treatment for Acne Scas and Dull Skin

I can appreciate your concerns and address them with our patients daily.  For a no downtime approach, we have had great success treating acne scars and dull skin issues with the PicoSure Laser with the FOCUS lens array.  We normally recommend a series of 4 treatments, once  every 4 weeks.  This treatment is non-ablative and has almost no downtime.  You will typically have a flushed complexion for 0-2 hours.  You can put your make-up on and go back to work.  After your initial visit, a typical PicoFOCUS appointment is less than 1 hour.
The PicoFOCUS gently delivers bursts of energy deep in the dermis without causing harm to the overlaying skin.  The pulses work to break up pigment and stimulates new collagen and elastin production.  Your body’s own healing process sweeps away older, damaged tissue and ramps up skin turnover.  

If you can afford some downtime, you could also achieve very good results with a fractional CO2 laser.  We recommend finding an experienced physician in your area that can explain your options.  Treatment prices vary by market.

Laura Riehm, MD
Fort Worth Physician

Acne scars

Thank you for your question beabea91. Acne scars are common concerns. They can be treated with fractional lasers including Erbium:YAG and CO2. This often also helps with the dullness of the skin. IPL can help improve color. Care must be taken with darker skin types to avoid PIH. For my patients with dark skin I recommend a pre-treatment regimen with topical products for 1-2 months prior to treatment to minimize the risk of PIH. If I have patients for whom a certain treatment has worked in the past, the treatments usually yield similar results if done on other areas. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician