Acne scars removal for Spanish skin?

I've tried every treatment there is, subsicion, dermapen, pheenol peel, fraxel, fraxel co2, tca cross, nothing has worked on my acne scars. Why is that? What can i do?

INFINI vs...

Without looking at your scar type, it is hard to say. I agree with Dr Weiner, INFINI is a good method for your skin type. (Especially if you have open pores, rolling and atrophic scars.)

Find in the web ref. a video I made on treating acne scars in darker skin patients. You will find that helpful to gain an understanding. 

Cheers

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne scars in dark skin

I think that the Infini is a great choice for you. I do it 2 or 3 times and then add Bellafill to the deeper scars. See the link please.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Which Treatment for Acne Scars

Hi Sara.  While the treatments you have mentioned should all have some value (except Dermapen), the person doing the treatment is as important as the treatment itself.  

For example, with your Fraxel and Fraxel CO2, the depth of the treatment matters.  If you only received topical numbing cream and did not have any bleeding (or very light bleeding) after the procedure, then your resurfacing was very superficial.  A deep resurfacing (up to 1000 microns) is more often required for deeper scars.  

Another option is combining Subcision with Fractional laser resurfacing on the same day.  We find that this combination can provide additional benefits.  

To see examples of fractional laser resurfacing for our Whittier, CA Hispanic patients, click on the link below.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Acne scars in Spanish skin

In my opinion, many of the acne scar treatments can be performed in Spanish skin. The more aggressive treatments need to be modified and the treatments that spare  the epidermis are usually better. However, we've been able to perform most treatments with using pre and post operative preparation with bleaching creams. One week before, and for several weeks after, as long as the redness is present, we continue  to shut down the hyper pigmentation. As with all treatments, the person performing the treatment is more important than the actual treatment selected. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne Scars an Spanish Skin

The best way to treat these scars with your skin type is the eMatrix laser.  It is a radiofrequency laser which is color blind for all skin types. Please consult an expert in treating acne scars for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green

Acne Scars and Skin Type

There are a variety of lasers that can be used to improve acne scarring.  Fractional radio frequency and the newly released PicoWay Resolve can be used for all skin types.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon