My neck is burned and wrinkled. What should I do? (Photo)

I am 63 years old and use retinol with moisturizer every night in my neck. Some times i use a very small amount of tretinoin also combined with moisturizer. I was itching a lot and instead of scratching i slap few times my neck with open hand and help with the itching. Now my neck is red and burn and more wrinkle. Are this will get better. What should i do. I stop all the treatment but still red and wrinkle. If this going away. Please help. Thanks

Burning Red Resolution--Neck Wrinkles Treatment: ThermiRF, Botox, Ultherapy, thermage

You can consult with a Dr. for topical steroids. After it's been healed, a platysmaplasty will be able to fully improve this area but non invasive options can help such as thermiRF, botox, and ultherapy/thermage. I recommend a formal evaluation with an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Retin-A Neck....

Thank you for your question.  Please discontinue the Retin-A (Tretinoin) for about 2 weeks, and just use moisturizer.  After that time you can use the Retin-A (pea size mixed with a dollop of moisturizer) every third night on your neck.  Your neck is not able to tolerate the Retin-A as well as other parts of your body due to it being very delicate skin.  Please follow up with a Board Certified Dermatologist.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Burning from Retin A on neck

The neck is unable to tolerate the frequency of applications as much as the face. It should be done about twice per week. Hold the Retin A and let things settle out. It will all calm down. Topical steroids or moisturizers will get it better faster.

Steven F. Weiner, MD