Orthodontia reversed from MMA surgery?

I am 62 and awaiting insurance approval for MMA surgery to treat severe sleep apnea. I had orthodontia twice to treat crowing of my lower teeth due to a smallish lower jaw. Is it possible that the MMA will undo my previous orthodontia. Is there a possibility that during the MMA surgery esthetic changes to the face can require additional procedures ie cheek bone implants to achieve good facial esthetics?

usually I would have the patient go through braces again and undo what has been done by previous orthodontist.  This way I get a good overbite and can bring the lower jaw more forward which is important in correction of bite, profile and sleep apnea. 

New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon