What's the best treatment for scarring on my face? (Photo)

I have a lot of scars on my face and I have desperately tried every product to help diminish them with no improvement. What is the type of scar I have? Can anything be done?

Best Treatment for Scarring

From the photo, it seems like you are still getting acne breakouts. It is first necessary to control the acne to prevent you from getting new scars. We can control your acne with a number of great acne products such as Tretionic acids, topical antibiotics, chemical peels and other creams as well as start you on oral medications. After we treat the acne, we can use a laser such as the Fraxel laser, 1550 nm, to stimulate new collagen and even out the skin's indentations.  Microneedling is another option to stimulate new collagen and even out the skin's surface.

Best treatment for Elevated acne scars

We have the Acne Scar Vitalizer Treatment a 5-7 step process that treats ice pick, box car, depressed, elevated and pigmented scars in about 2 hours. We think of ourselves as the last line of defense for Acne. With your scars a big part of your cure will be to attack the elevated scars. We attack those just like we do moles and other skin lesions along with the rest of the acne scar vitalizer treatment.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scars on Face and Best Treatment

It appears from your photo that you may still have active acne causing scars.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist to consider Accutane therapy.  Afterwards you can look into laser treatments for your scars such as with eMatrix and injections into the deeper scars.  Best, Dr. Green