I am 23 years old suffering from adult acne and oily skin? (Photos)

I have had started getting acne when I was 14 never has stopped since then I have the most oily skin ever I feel like I've tried every single over the counter face cleansers but nothing is working for me it keeps getting worse and it's the most embarrassing feeling in the world. The pictures below are only half of my problem most of the time it's worse than that. I just don't know what to do I don't know any other 23 year olds with the same problems as me...

Acne Scar Treatment Solutions

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with your skin. Living with acne scarring is not something you have to put up with thanks to the advancement of aesthetic lasers that are equipped to treat a wide variety of skin conditions. 

There are many options to treat acne scarring, so to achieve the best results for your specific case, consult an experienced specialist with a reputable practice. Lasers are a great way to resurface the skin and reduce scars, particularly the Erbium and CO2 lasers. The Erbium laser is a state-of-the-art laser that resurfaces the skin and reduce scars in under an hour. The results are almost instant, and only about 3-4 days of downtime are required. Another option is the CO2 laser. The CO2 laser penetrates the skin deeper than the Erbium; therefore, the results are a little better, but you would need about 7-10 days of downtime. Also, because this laser is more invasive, you do not need multiple treatments like the Erbium. 

At our clinic we often recommend a series of AFT (Advanced Fluorescence Technology) laser treatments for acne scarring as a starting point, it all depends on the patients current skin condition. AFT is an Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) laser technology targets the surface of the skin where prior acne has made the surface uneven and improves the texture, tone, and appearance of skin with minimal downtime.

A consultation with a board certified cosmetic plastic surgeon or a dermatologist would be the first step in treating your scars! I would highly recommend a high quality medical grade skin care routine that contains ingredients that have been developed to treat acne on the face.

Watch the attached link for more info.

Acne Scar Treatment Solutions

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Watch the attached link for more info.

Treating mild acne

This should be seen by a dermatologist. Typically, this can be treated with topical medications including Retin A and antibiotic creams. Occasionally, laser are useful for acne as well.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Treating mild acne

Steven F. Weiner, MD

See dermatologist for acne

There are many ways to treat this, including PDT and light therapy all the way to anti hormones and even high dose synthetic Vitamin A tablets. I suggest you see a dermatologist (medical not procedural) for treatment. All the best, Dr Davin Lim . Brisbane. Australia. 

See dermatologist for acne