Can somebody in the UK please give me advice on how to treat my acne scars? I suffer from PCOS

Hi can someone in UK help me please I'm 33 suffering from pcos since 20yrs old I have a lot of acne scars and they r getting worse all over my face I look disgusting I can't even look in the mirror I am disgusted with what I see people stare at me in the streets I have had horrible comments made I feel sad :( I just want help anyone please provide me with some advice ?

Acne Scars – Combination of Treatments Needed

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The best treatment for acne depends upon an individual’s skin type, age, ethnicity, sun exposure, overall health and most importantly, the type of acne present (inflammatory papules, pustules, comedones, cysts, scars). In order to give you an accurate treatment plan, a consultation is required to properly assess your skin. An important step for all skin types is sun protection including the use of daily sunscreen, sun hats and sunglasses, all of which help prevent aging and sunburns.  When it comes to acne treatments, a combination of treatments are available including cosmeceuticals (medical grade skin care products specific for acne including ZO® Skin Health or ZO® Medical, Skinceuticals® or Glo-Minerals®), topical antibacterials, topical retinoids, oral antibacterials, oral anti-androgens, oral retinoids (isotretinoin), chemical peels (light, medium, and deep peels), lasers (Cutera Excel-V laser, Nd:YAG spectra laser), and light based devices (blue/red light, IPL/BBL, PDT with metvix or levulan).  These are advanced techniques so be sure to get an experienced dermatologist  for recommendations and treatment options.

Calgary Dermatologist

Acne Scars

There are a wide range of therapies available. I have had great results using HA fillers in the deep scars. The treatment needs to be repeated; however, the change is significant.

PCOS and Acne Scars

The first part of your treatment should definitely be making sure that your acne is under control with your PCOS.  If you post photos it would be more helpful.  There are many treatments such as peels, lasers, and fillers which should all help with your scars.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

UK with acne scars and people staring

It is unfortunate that happens. People can be cruel. Its hard not for people to be "superficial". Its in our DNA to do this though. I study this phenomenon of beauty all the time. In terms of your acne scars, don't despair there are things you can do to look better. It is my goal to continue to improve the way we treat acne scars so that people don't have to feel the way you do. There are ways to treat acne scars using a multi layered approach that uses multiple approaches in just one total approach.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon