What Type of Surgeon is Best to Fix a Large Incisional Hernia?

I have a large incisional hernia due to weightloss surgery. What type of surgeon is best for the fix, gastro., plastic, general or bariatric? Will insurance cover it if I go to a plastic surgeon? My surgeon, who is a bariatric surgeon wants to use mesh, (laproscopically) (my hole is very large). I was told that is needed if it's too large and you can’t close the hole first. I'm so confused. thanks!

No doctor answers yet