Need to Worry About Tumor Like Growths on Skin?

Please help me know these growth I have in my back, I have them for 6-7 years. I am 35 years old, male and Asian. I have two kinds of growth in my skin: 1. Tumor like growth 2. Skin pigmentation (dark irregular), its there since 1995, as far as I remember

Doctor Answers 2

Bumps on the back

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It appears that you have scars on the lower back. Are these prior biopsies? If so, what did they show? You may have a benign condition called neurofibromas which are associated with some pigmentation disorders referred to as cafe au lait macules but your brown lesion is darker than those.

You should see a board-certified dermatologist to examine the dark spot and if it warrants a biopsy it should be done to rule out a serious potential problem that can not be diagnosed over the internet. Even if the dark spot does not look unusual to the doctor, if there has been a change in size, color, bleeing, different shape, rapid growth, itching then a biopsy is warranted. See a dermatologist within a few weeks to evaluate your condition.

Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

Visit Dermatologist for Evaluation of Skin Lesions

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi Macro,

You should definitely see a qualified dermatologist for evaluation.  Any suspicious skin lesion should be biopsied or excised.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 36 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.