Best Way to Treat This Type of Acne Scar...?

Can someone please tell me what type of acne scar this looks like (rolling? boxcar?) and what would be the best treatment for it? This is what I'm left with after cystic acne and it has been about 4-5 months since the cysts went away (this scar is the result of two cysts). The pitting really bothers me. When I stretch the skin the scar goes flat and virtually disappears. I'm considering fraxel restore, but I'm not sure if this type of scar responds well to that. Would filler be better?

Doctor Answers 1

Depressed scar I would use a multilayered approach

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would do a multilayered approach. You need filling and something done for the surface like co2 resurfacing.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.