Suggested treatment for my acne scars? (Photo)

I am a 19yo student. I have mild to moderate icepick/boxcar scarring on my inner cheeks and my lip. The worst of the scars is on my upper lip and it is also the oldest (got it when I was 12) -- the others are a bit shallower but I hate having this very rough skin texture and I worry people mistake me for being older because my skin looks so rough. I have done a few weak "internet peels" and dermapen before, slight improvement to colour but no real change in the pore texture or anything. Thanks

Acne scar treatments

There are so many great options for acne scar treatments with minimal discomfort and little downtime.  At our practice I offer our patients a customized consultation which gives a broad range of options to fit their unique skin type, schedule and desires for improvement. The deepest with the best outcome is CO2RE laser, Sublative Fractional RF or microneedling (with PRP).  Chemical peels in multiples, and even microdermabrasion can help.  If done consistently, patients see a little improvement or a lot depending on which direction they take.  At the very least I encourage all patients who want to see an improvement on acne scars to consistently use Retinol like the ones offered by Skin Medica or their GlyPro products with partially neutralized glycolic acid to refine the texture.  As always mineral based sunscreen is recommended.Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Acne scar treatment

There are many ways to treat acne scars. I have tried Fraxel, CO2, Tca cross and have found that Infini is the most reliable for this problem. It is safe for darker skin types too. Deeper scars might require Bellafill too. I would do 3-4 treatments of Infini. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD