I am looking for a "real" cellulite, leg smoothing and toning solution.

I had candela liposuction in 2008/9 to rid the small dimples I had above my knees. As a result, the surgery caused much more dimpling on my entire leg. I want to wear shorts and mini skirts again. My height and weight is 5'7" 145lbs. I want something that really works!! Suggestions?

Cellulite and liposuction scarring

You would have to be seen and examined to determine the best therapy options.  Small amounts of scar release and fat grafting could improve some of these areas.  Cellfina is effective in areas where the skin is not loose.

A Minimally Invasive But Effective Cellulite Treatment

Cellfina is the newest, most effective FDA approved technology available for treating cellulite. This one-time, minimally invasive procedure takes only 45 minutes to perform, but the results last for a minimum of two years. #Cellfina has the longest lasting results of any current #cellulite treatment. Its approval rate is over 93% here on RealSelf.
Used on #moderate to #severe cellulite of the buttock and thighs, Cellfina works by treating the rubber-band-like connective tissue that causes cellulite. When these “rubber bands” under the skin are cut, the fat trapped underneath in dimples “snaps” back into place, creating a full, smooth appearance.
There is no cutting and no incisions. To perform this controlled, precise, and safe procedure, a vacuum hand piece is placed over the dimpled tissue through which the surgeon will deliver a local anesthetic. Then a small, needle-like #microblade is inserted to release the fibrous bands, the cause of cellulite. Seek more information to learn if you are candidate for #Cellfina by consulting with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon.  

Cellfina - Solution for Cellulite

Cellfina is a long-lasting solution for patients wanting to eliminate cellulite. The Cellfina System addresses the structural cause of cellulite, which is why patients have such high satisfaction rates. Results are maintained for at least two years after treatment. In fact, Cellfina has the longest FDA-clearance for any cellulite treatment! Consult a board-certified plastic surgeon near you who offers this state-of-the-art technology. Good luck in your research!

Tom S. Liu, MD, MBA
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite treatment is best for localized dimpling

Dimpling that involves the entire leg is most likely due to diffuse laxity of the skin. This is usually age-related but can be exacerbated by prior over-suctioning. Cellulite treatments, such as Cellfina, can correct "true" dimpling over the buttocks and upper thighs with excellent long-term results. Unfortunately, at this time there is no reliable existing way to tighten up the skin of the entire leg.

Diana L. Elias, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Cellfina for Cellulite Reduction

Thank you for your question. Cellfina is the only FDA cleared, minimally invasive procedure clinically proven to reduce the appearance of cellulite for results that last at least two years. It works by treating the structural cause of cellulite which is the bands woven throughout the fat causing them release and remove dimpling. I would recommend an in person consultation to determine your candidacy. Best wishes.  

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

Cellfina/Cellulite Treatment/Ultherapy/Thermi RF/Body Contouring/ Hi Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.

It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.

Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.

It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser. 

If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.

Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years. 

Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure. 

It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or

Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz 

Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Cellulaze

Thanks for your question. You may want to look into Cellulaze. It is a minimally invasive procedure that treats cellulite from under the skin rather than over the dermis like typical treatments. Cellulaze is a quick healing process with long-lasting results with a single treatment. Unlike existing cellulite laser treatments that utilize radio frequency or laser energy on the outside of the skin, Cellulaze fights cellulite from under the skin to smooth the connective tissue between fat cells that cause cellulite. Hope this helps. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

The Cellulite Solution--Combination Approach, Cellfina, Venus Legacy, Cellutone, VASER Hi Def

Cellfina is the BEST treatment for cellulite, but works best in combination with Sculptra and other body treatments like Venus Legacy/Exilis Ultra and Cellutone/zwave. A VASER HI DEF procedure can also be done for more contouring. See an expert  Best, Dr. Emer.