Deep acne scarring on my face, with loss of colour pigmentation. What is the best treatment for me? How much it costs? (Photos)

I'm 30, Indian and have this scarring since I was 16. Deep dark patches and pores over “light-tanned” skin. Still get pimples, whiteheads and scarring today. Oily skin. Wash face thrice every day with neutrogena. Asked a Dermatologist in London, she said there's no medicine in market that can treat me condition and I should try cosmetic treatment (not recommend which). PLZ HELP!! P.S. - NO MORE WORDS OF WISDOM OR SYMPATHY PLEASE. I’VE HAD ENOUGH. JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION ONLY! VERY THANK YOU!

Layered approach

Products are the most important step for your skin. You need to start using active skin care to help with cell turn over and normalising the pigment. I recommend starting; vitamin A serum, vitamin B serum, a pigment inhibiting serum and a 50+ SPF. 

Once you have been using products for a month and your skin is prepped with the pigment inhibiting serum, I recommend starting Q-Switch laser facials at 3-4 weekly intervals to help break up the pigment in the skin. Later down the track you could look into alternating micro-needling with radio frequency treatments and peels to help reduce the congestion, improve the skin texture and brighten your skin tone.

Sydney Physician

Hyperpimentation and acne scarring in dark skin

This would be best treated with Infini and good skin care. Retin A and hydroquinone is needed. Chemical peels might also help. Several treatments with the Infini are needed for best results.

Steven F. Weiner, MD