Why would I have such an oily complexion?

I am a 57 year old postmenopausal female. Why has my skin gotten so oily the past five or six years? I struggled with acne during adolescence and then with adult acne in my late teens and early twenties. My skin was okay as an adult with the usual hormonal breakouts. Thank you for your advice.

Oily Skin and Aging -- Laser, Skin Tightening, Fillers/Sculptra/Fat, Microneedling/PRP

Lasers, peels, and skin care can all be used to improve results.  I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist with experience who can tailor a treatment plan for you.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Oily Complexion and Menopause

As your hormones change you may definitely find that your skin is oily.  You may need to use Retinoids and other topical treatments. In addition topical treatment such as microdermabrasion and oxygen facials help a great deal to rejuvenate and improve your skin tone and texture.  Best, Dr. Green

Oily skin

At our practice I recommend topical retinoids in conjunction with laser therapy, peels and micro-needling.

Having the right regimen at home can really boost confidence and improve skin.  In addition, our in office treatments such as Sublative Fractional RF laser works deep in the skin to improve collagen, sun damage, lines and wrinkles, pores, tightening and oiliness.

Chemical peels are a great way to clean the skin and revive it to a beautiful luster.

We also recommend Hydra Facials once every two to four weeks for smoother, softer and more supple skin.  Getting on a consistent facial regimen is key to beautiful skin.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD