What is the best treatment for my acne scarring? (Photo)

Hi, I am very depressed that a bout of acne has left my skin so pitted. What treatments are recommended to smooth their appearance? I'm okay with the one cheek but the scarring on my right cheek is awful. Also is some of this pigmentation or will more scars occur? Why is my skin so easily scarred from mild acne pimples? Am I deficient in something? All this occurred while pregnant.

Multiple treatments for scar types.

I agree with Dr Emer- it is not a device that gives the best results, but a combination of treatments. Your type of scars will need TCA CROSS 2-3 sessions (skin darkening expected given your skin type), followed by microneedling and PRP. Pico lasers can be used towards the end to improve your skin texture, as well as help with minor scarring and skin darkening. It does take 4-7 months to complete this course of treatments, keeping in mind your skin type and acne scar type. All the best, Dr Davin S. Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Pitted acne scar treatments in Los Angeles

Your pitted scars can improve with a combination of Plato's Scar Serum, ematrix RF, PRP, fractional lasers, and fillers. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Pitted Scar Solution

I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist with experience to determine what combinations are best for treating this. Hormonal changes from pregnancy can change how our bodies react and heal. However, the appearance of these scars can be improved. Pitted scars need TCA cross or surgical removal along with lasers and microneedling/prp.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Acne Scar

Depending on the level of the acne scars, chemical peels, microneedling, lasers such as eMatrix and Fraxel laser, and fillers such as Bellafill or Restalyne, are all excellent treatment options. Special care must be taken to have the treatment tailored to your skin type.  As for the pigmentation, I would suggest doing a ocmbination of skin lighteners, bleaching creams which contain hydroquinone along with a product like Retin A containing Vitamin A.  It's best to schedule a consultation with a board certified dermatologist  to find out the best options for your skin.  Best, Dr. Green

Acne scar treatments

I use the Infini for acne scars. It is safe for your skin type. It would take a series of 2-3 to get results. Deeper scars can be treated with Bellafill. Pigmentation needs topicals such as Retin A, hydroquinone, and chemical peels.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Acne scars treatment

Thank you for your question. Treatments for scars depends on the type of scarring you have such as rolling, boxcar, or ice pick scars. From your photos, it looks like you have rolling and boxcar scars. Any of the modalities that injure the skin with subsequent collagen formation such as fractionated laser, dermroller, resurfacing lasers, deep peels and etc.. may help your condition. Fillers are a good option, specifically Bellafill®, a permanent filler. Bellafil® is FDA approved in treating acne scars. The right modality for you depends on your skin type, expectations, patience, downtime, and cost. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to discuss treatment options that best suit your needs. Take care and good luck.

Reuel Aspacio, MD, FAAD