How much time will it take to fade post inflammatory erythema? (photos)

Got wound 2 months back from scrubbing face hard. Now it looks like post inflammatory erythema . Will it fade by itself..

Soothing Post inflammatory erythema with elevase

I would begin application of Elevase creams followed by Vbeam laser, IPL Limelight, light chemical peels, and Clear and Brilliant laser. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
@kareplasticsurgery on Instagram

Slowly

Redness can fade gradually. Eucerin redness relief may be helpful. Topical green tea also has a soothing effect on the skin-5 per cent concentration of room temperature has been shown to be effective in acne.

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Persistent Erythema/Redness

It can take weeks to months for redness to fade, especially if your skin is prone to redness.  Topical Vitamin C and sunscreen helps heal the redness a little faster.  V-Beam laser is the gold standard for making the redness go away quickly.  Best, Dr. Green

Persistent erythema, Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH)

Persistent erythema can become PIH and usually fades by itself but can last up to 6 months.  You can certainly try a mild topical steroid (OTC) like 1% or 2.5% hydrocortisone twice per day to see if it will speed up the healing process.  Keep in mind that the steroid itself can cause skin irritation and make it even more red.  Obviously stop it if it does.  Once it becomes true PIH, you can try hydroquinone, a bleaching agent to see if it will lighten.  I am a surgeon and not a dermatologist, I am sure they may have more "tricks" up their sleeves...  I also notice that you are in Singapore a tropical destination so sun block with zinc oxide while it's healing may be prudent as well.

Johnny Mao, MD, FACS
Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon