What is the deal acne scar treatment for my scar? (photos)

Intracel, infini or fraxel repair?

Ideal treatment for box car and atrophic scars

fillers and lasering likely. A multi step / layered approach. There are unique approaches to acne scarring. You have to get those scars to raise up and treating the deeper layers is needed. You might be told that subcision and fillers work but there is definitely more to it.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

What is the best Treatment for my Acne Scarring?

From you photograph you appear to have what is termed as scalloped scars.  The treatment plan may include1. Dermabrasion 2. Chemical Peels 3.Fractional Lasers        I have tried all  of these treatment options on many patients and have abandoned them because of less than optimal results.  I currently use a two pronged approach.  1. Micro-radioplanning first to soften the edges of the scars 2. Laser Resurfacing then to fill in the irregularities.  Have done approximately 1,500 cases in this matter and the results have been much improved over the above 3 choices.  What ever you do.  seek the advice of a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.   Good Luck 

Joseph Rucker, MD, FACS
Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

Multiple

Acne scar revision is a specialised field. For the best results, one should target the acne scar type with ideal treatments. For example deep ice pick scars, and narrow box car scars can be treated with TCA CROSS peels, mixed scars, rolling, and atrophic scars treated with fractional devices such as Fraxel, fractional lasers, and INFINI radiofrequency. Atrophic scars (depressions) can be treated with either fat grafts, or with HA dermal fillers. Tethered and anchored scars are best treated with surgery.

The majority of patients will have a collection of different scar types, and hence a tailored treatment METHOD will be best. Careful examination, especially under angled lighting with scar mapping will give you an understanding of what are the best options for your scars. In Singapore, Prof. CL Goh is probably one of the best for this type of work. 

Dr Davin Lim.

Laser, surgical & aesthetic dermatologist.

Brisbane, Australia.

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist