Will Sculpt Work for Me? (Acne Scarring)

I have had 7 fraxel lasers with 3 combining the fraxel laser with the Co2. I was advised to stop getting treatment as I had no improvement. I have had fillers with no visible improvement besides for raised bumps on my skin which had previously been smooth. My scarring is restricted to my cheek areas and a Plastic Surgeon indicated punch biopsy is not suitable for my scars. Recently a GP at a cosmetic centre recommended a combination of sculptra and laser genesis. Is it worth it? Will this help?

Hello

There is a few options for acne scars. You can get profractional laser with micro laser peel that in it self will get rid of a lot of your scars but not 100%. If you want 100% you can do a mini facelift that would be stretching the skin and getting rid of the deeper scars.Good luck.The best would be to see a PS to see you and know exactly what would benefit you the best.

Hello

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Sculptra and Acne Scarring

Thank you for your question.   The Genesis and Sculptra would not be my first choice for this problem.  You will not get 100% improvement with any treatment but should note some improvements with the right therapies. You may require more aggressive treatment and a series with a combination for best results. You should seek the recommendations of a board certified dermatologist or a board certified plastic surgeon who has expertise in acne, scarring, and treating various skin types.  I hope this helps.

Sculptra and Acne Scarring

Acne scarring and using laser and sculptra will it work

I don't particularly like punch biopsies but a subcision could work through elevation of your scars and then reclosing them. I like deep chemical peels to get the scars to rise up. After the scars get closer I then like to approach them through a restructuring process which I call the Acne Scar Vitalizer Treatment. This will entail some resurfacing like with co2.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon