Although kybella would not reduce snoring could it reduce compression of airway during OSA by reducing fatty tissues?

Sleep apnea is related to fatty tissue obstruction around the neck. I would think using kybella would help reduce fatty tissue and compression around the airway, however not affect snoring. Please respond about this

Kybella and sleep apnea

It is not likely that Kybella would improve sleep apnea.  This problem is usually due to a combination of factors including abdominal obesity, multilevel airway obstruction (nose, palate, mouth/tongue, throat), and muscle tone.  I would recommend consultation with a sleep medicine specialist such as an otolaryngologist to review your sleep study and discuss treatment options.

Dubuque Facial Plastic Surgeon

Does Kybella help with Sleep Apnea

Kybella reduces the quantity of submental fat. The reduction in fat is due to a reduction in preplatysmal fat. It will not have an effect on obstructive sleep apnea. 

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon