I am interested in improving/removing my acne scars. What treatment would provide the best results? (Photo)

I put a lot of effort on maintaining my skin. Nontheless, I have acne scars as a result of acne from a few years back. Ive done peels before (a few years back) bur they never completely fixed everything. I am very embarassed of my skin and am now 26 years old. I'd love to see significant improvement on my scars.

Microneedling and Halo Laser

Thank you for your question regarding acne scars. I would recommend combination therapy for your concerns of the Halo Laser and microneedling sessions, I would recommend the Halo Laser in a series of 2- 3 spaced two months apart. The Halo Laser minimizes pores, decreases pigment, reverses UV damage as well as gives your skin a full texture resurfacing which will help with your acne scar concerns. To maintain these results and to continue to decrease the appearance of scars I would recommend 5 microneedling sessions starting 6 weeks after your last Halo. The microneedling treatments should be spaced in 3 week increments.

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Scarring can be improved with a combination of treatments including lasers, microneedling, skin care and TCA cross. I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Acne scars

No treatment will remove your scarring.  Treatment should always improve them.  You have elevated and depressed scars, some rolling associated with underlying scar deeper down and fat loss due to the inflammatory acne.  I counsel patients that treatment is a process.  In your case I'd typically perform three fraxel restore or fractional co2 treatments along with subscision and sculptra injections to thicken the skin.  If the patients e are to see removal of the scars, I will not treat them because this level of efficacy simply does not exist currently.  Medium depth tca chemical peels are favored by some and indeed can improve the scarring but my training and generation mainly favor the use of deeply penetrating lasers.

Christopher Dannaker, DO
Monterey Dermatologic Surgeon

Surface irregularities, box scar, rolling scars in the cheeks and how to treat

This is based on treating acne scars for the past 16 or so years. You will need surface treatment as well as deep treatment as acne affects all layers of your skin. Lasering and treating the deep layers will be needed. We have a 5-7 step process that treats All types of acne scars in about 2 hours.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne scars

The combination of fillers and laser treatments can improve your acne scars.  please seek treatment from a qualified professional.  Good Luck!

Jennifer Trent, MD, FAAD
Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Best Treatment for Acne Scars

Treating acne scars has been a very successful and rewarding treatment that I have been doing for years.  I find that the combination of fillers for deep scars and lasers such as eMatrix and Fraxel are best for your type of scars.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Improving Acne Scars with Sublative

While peels can be a great mode of treatment to help improve the appearance of acne scarring, typically laser treatment is necessary to see a drastic overall improvement. In my practice we use the latest cutting-edge technology to treat and dramatically improve acne scarring with very minimal discomfort and downtime. An in-person consultation would be necessary to determine an ideal treatment plan for you, however based on the photos and description, it appears that Sublative could be a great treatment option for you to see noticeable results. Effective on all skin types and tones, Sublative rejuvenation is a deeper treatment that eradicates acne scars, fights fine lines and wrinkles, and improves overall texture by harnessing the power of energy currents to penetrate the skin and stimulate collagen production (while keeping the outer layer of skin intact). Depending on the selected course of treatment, downtime can vary from two to five days—which can be customized to fit your schedule and your needs.

Dennis Gross, MD