What can I do about this raised red acne scar on my chin? (photo)

A few months ago I had a cyst on my chin that I messed with (bad on me) and made it worse. I don't think it properly healed since I now have a raised hard red acne mark where the cyst was. It has a different texture and it's not reducing in size or going away. I believe there is still pus deep inside the scar. What can I do?

Acne scar and treatment

It is possible that there is still cyst contents and that you will need acne surgery to remove the contents.  Most likely an injection of cortisone may be needed to shrink up the inflammation.  The redness can be corrected with the V-Beam laser.  Your condition like most acne can be correctly easily with the right treatment.

Facial Sebaceous Cyst | Acne Scar

This is still healing and you may also still have a cyst that may need to be removed by a surgeon. Use sunscreen to keep it from pigmenting darkly.

To be sure, see two or more board certified and experienced plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS