My dog bit me and it has now formed small blisters on the bite holes. should I be concerned?

my dog bit me last night and it only bleed for a very short period of time. it was on my right index finger on the middle knuckle. it was tingling really bad a few hours after it happened and then the tingling went away. it is very stiff today, no visible swelling, but small clear fluid blisters have formed over the puncture wounds. is this normal or is this a sign of infection?

Dog bite scars

I would see a physician. Once the skin heals, apply Plato's Scar Serum twice daily followed by fractional lasers for the scars. 

Dr. Karamnaoukian

Los Angeles

See Physician for Dog Bite Blisters

A dog bite can be very serious and can lead to infection. Please see a physician.You may need antibiotics. Best, Dr. Emer.

Dog bite

I'm sorry to hear about your injury. I would definitely get into your doctor today. These can get nasty in a hurry. I would start on an antibiotic, and watch it closely. If you get more swelling, pain, redness, or drainage, then a trip to the ER may be necessary.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon