Please help me and my aging eyes. What would be best? (photos)

I'm 37, but my eyes look like I'm 50 or 60 years old only when I smile. I never had this before and hate it. I was told by a few plastic surgeons that I'm not a candidate for surgery, yet. So besides Botox, what would you recommend to help the excessive skin on my upper lids, as well as the skin bunching, crepiness and "jelly roll" under my eyes when I smile? Can lasers really help tighten that much skin? If yes, which laser would be the best for these issues? Thanks in advance!

Doctor Answers 4

Combination treatments, BOTOX, laser, Filler

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You will need combination treatment for best results. Loose skin can be tightened with laser or microneedling and PRP. If you have good skin (good snap back) and also strong muscles, Botox is good (only a small amount), finally filler to the eye area can help. When I rejuvenate the eyes, I do not only look at the area below the eye, but your entire face. The addition of volume say in the mid cheek area can also help reduce the hollowness. It is the balance between skin tone, and volume globally that would make the biggest difference in your case. CheersDr Davin Lim 
laser and aesthetic dermatologist. Brisbane,Australia. 

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The eyes are best treated with a combination approach of fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP for improvement. Ultherapy/thermage, venus legacy all do well for swelling or puffiness. I would suggest consulting an expert. If surgery is an option they will recommend. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Botox for jelly roll under eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I would likely try Botox first before doing laser treatments.  Botox relaxes the muscle which causes bunching of the skin.  I would consider placing a very small amount of Botox into the lower eyelid.  Fillers could also be considered in the area below the roll.  Make sure to see an expert.  
Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Peri-ocular rejuvenation....

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question.  I think you would be an excellent candidate for a series of ThermiSmooth treatments around your eyes.  Thermi should help smooth and tighten your skin around your eyes.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.