TCA CROSS 25 dermatologist office (Photo)

Hello doctors and thank you for taking the time out to answer my questions With that being said I recently received a 25 percent tca cross for minor shallow ice pick and boxcars, today is day two and they look really bad some scabbed, also alot of redness, it am using aquaphor healing ointment and I have 4 percent prescription hydroquinone also 0,5 tretinoin , I know using the retinol is not a option. Also I am moisturized with zinc oxide bland moisturizer, is this normal healing ?

Ematrix RF is a great option instead of TCA Cross

TCA Cross results take time. I would apply Plato's Scar Serum on top of the HQ cream. Another option would be ematrix RF for your skin type. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Day 2 is early!

Hello MikeL125,

A 25% TCA peel is a hefty peel.  You need deep resurfacing to treat deep scars like the icepick scars - so it is an appropriate treatment.  Day 2 after a peel is messy and distressing.  What you are experiencing is normal.  Follow your doctor's instructions carefully and try not to worry.  It's normal to feel afraid when you see the inflammation and peeling and irritation your face.  After it's your face - and you care enough about it to take steps to improve your complexion.  It will be great.  Have patience!

Dr. Jespersen

M. Renee Jespersen, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon