What can I use to get rid of acne scarring, large pores, & black heads on the nose? I've tried Retin-A and nothing works.(photo)

I use to have acne on my cheeks as a pre teen and all through teenage years. From picking at them, all I'm left is major scarring on both of my cheeks with large pores and have blackheads on my nose. I break out here and there but what makes my face worse is the redness from the acne scars and I'm embarrassed that I wear makeup to feel Confident ( I'm now 18 years old)

Acne Scarring, Large Pores and Blackheads Treatment

Since you have already tried prescription drugs such as Retin-A, a laser treatment may be your next possible option. Acne scarring in adult skin can be treated with the Fraxel laser. The Fraxel Dual renders the formation of new collagen tissue to greatly improve the skin’s texture. Acne scars, pores and blackheads will be far less visible after the Fraxel treatment. Read more about acne scar treatment below.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

if you have active acne you need it cleared and this can be done with isotreitnoin, spironolactone (females) and other cosmetic treatments like fraxel/viva/clear + brilliant/microneedling and peels.  I suggest going to an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Acne, Blackheads, and Scars

Before you can treat the scars you have to treat the acne.  With active acne lesions you need to treat it first so that you don't keep producing new scars.  You may need a course of Accutane to stop the acne from forming.  Then you can treat these scars with eMatrix or Fraxel lasers.  Best, Dr. Green