I have acne scars on my face and upper body since I was 16 and now I'm 32. How do I rid of them? (Photos)

I have acne scars on my face,chest,and back...in tired of hiding myself with big t shirts and looking down when people talk to me..what will be a good treat option to help get rid of my scars.

Acne Scars on Face/Body -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2, Erbium), TCA Cross, Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers, Tattooing, Surgery

Acne
scars need combination treatment with lasers, TCA Cross,
Microneedling with PRP, possibly surgery, fillers, tattooing. Each
set of scars is different, so you must be evaluated in person. Please
see someone who is expert in treating dark skin to avoid
hyperpigmentation. Best, Dr. Emer

PIH from acne with scarring

This should initially be treated with topicals, including Retin A and hydroquinone. Chemical peels are useful as well. If there is underlying scarring after the pigment improves, this can be treated safely with the Infini. Laser resurfacing in your skin type can have side effects including more hyperpigmentation. This is not a quick fix and requires several months worth of treatment.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Acne Scars and Treatment

I have treated so many patients like you and have find that a combination of chemical peels and VBeam lasers with the proper bleaching creams will address your problems. Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

Acne Dark Pigmented Scars in an African American Black Dark Skinned Patient

I see that you have dark pigmented scars from acne which may include some rolling scars and atrophic scars but maybe possibly not Frank boxcar scars. The challenge is that your skin is dark and your chances for hypopigmentation and lighter skin is a real possibility using any sort of resurfacing techniques. You have to be comfortable with these risks in order to proceed to improve your scars and whether or how you feel about your current scars that you have versus having lighter skin in certain parts of your treated areas. Likely the better place to start for you first is to fully optimize your skin care and we can help you with that.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon