Any recommendations to help with my acne and rosacea?

I've been dealing with acne and rosacea I believe for two years I have very sensitive skin and break out very easy commonly cheeks, foreheah,chin,nose, I've tried most products like Aveeno, clean and clear, cetiphil cleansers and moisturizers but none of them did anything but make my face worst.

​Acne Breakouts

Thank you for your question. There could be a number of reasons that may be causing your acne breakouts. It may be due to something you are eating, possibly the products you are using or even medication/birth control you may be taking. If you schedule an appointment with a dermatologist they can look further into it and even help customize a skin care routine and product type for your skin. There is also a new laser therapy alternative which is the first to treat acne breakouts. It is called the LightPod Neo Aerolase Laser. Aerolase is a laser technology that is FDA approved for acne treatment. Many patients have seen results immediately after one treatment and further improvement with continuing treatment. It reduces the severity of current and future breakouts. The laser penetrates deeply into the skin where heat is generated around the sebaceous glands. The heat damages or destroys the bacteria that have caused your breakouts. It also helps reduce the inflammation. If you are interested please schedule an in-person consultation with a qualified dermatologist.

Acne and rosacea

Treatment is dependent on your evaluation in person. A nice treatment for both would be the VBeam or Excel V laser. It helps control the red associated with rosacea by attacking the vessels and the acne is improved as well by attacking the sebaceous glands and the bacteria causing acne. You will also need topicals, including Retin A. See an acne specialist.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Acne treatments...

Thank you for your question.  If over-the-counter products are not working for you, please follow up with your board certified Dermatologist for proper evaluation and management with prescription medications.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon