Atrophic scar treatment possible after dog attack? (photos)

A week ago I was attacked by a pitbull on the face and neck. My lip was completely split open. I taped it back together and it seems to have healed into an indented atrophic type scar. I am using mederma, massage, and silicone sheets to treat the area. However the longer I see it the more depressed I become. Do you think I should get a Dr. consult?Any insight you could give on what technique would be most successful or advice on what to look for in a doctor would be greatly appreciated.

Lip scar revision from a dog bite

I would suggest a lip scar revision followed by Hidef fractional lasers to help reduce scarring in the area. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Dog Bite

You have a depressed scar since the laceration was not repaired in layers.  You should seek a plastic surgeon for scar revision.  You depressed scar will be discarded & the layers of normal skin / lip mucosa repaired meticulously, without depression.