How do I relieve rug burn pain? Should I cover it, and with what? What should I do to speed up the healing process? (photo)

I got a rug burn yesterday on a trampoline. It still hurts a bit, it's a little red, and it's covered in scabs. I covered it in aloe Vera gel not too long ago, I got a wet washcloth with some antibacterial soap on it, and it is uncovered. I have a few questions. I'm a goalie in soccer and I have a game today, should I cover the burn to prevent damage when I dive in goal? Should I cover it, and with what? Should I do anything else to it? How do I relieve the pain? Thank you for your time

Plato's Scar Serum for a rug burn

I would suggest local wound care with neosporin followed by a combination of Plato's Scar Serum and Melarase PM to help reduce scarring. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles