What's the best treatment for scarring, comedones and red marks? (Photo)

I had completely clear skin, but suddenly I got a big closed comedone on my right cheek (the big brown spot left on the picture) and i popped it at home.. (It was white puss and blood coming out of it) Then it all of a sudden almost spread to the other cheek and i got lots of comedones on my left cheek and some in only the area where the big comedone was. Now i got a lot of scarring and i get closed comedones here and there. What type of treatment would be best?

Doctor Answers 3

Dark skin with acne

I suggest going to a dermatologist to get your acne under control. Topicals and peels will usually do it. If there is scarring after the acne settles down, Infini is a good choice for your skin type. 

Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 41 reviews

Comedomes, pustules and spreading across your face

I would review what you are doing now with your skin care and optimize you there first. I would then consider a topical regime to start with including peels, retin A analogues, salicylic acid cleansers and other topical medications. Then more severe you can consider accutane or spironolactone. For scarring we do a 5-7 step process to improve your scars all done in one treatment and in about 2 hours.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 86 reviews

Scars and Marks and Best Treatment

A combination of fillers and lasers such as eMatrix or Fraxel would be best to treat your skin.  It would take several different lasers - the Vbeam for redness and eMatrix of Fraxel for the scars.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD
New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 78 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.