Is there any treatment for large pores or scarring? (photos)

i am not sure if i have large pores or acne scars . I have been struggling with acne my whole life . ive had 4 fraxel treatments done before but has not done much of help . PLEASE help me find a solution

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

This can be treated with a combination approach of lasers (Fractional Laser Resurfacing), peels, skin care and microneedling and fillers. TCA cross helps larger pores.  I suggest consulting with an experienced cosmetic dermatologist who can evaluate your skin type and type of scarring for optimal treatment and results.  Best, Dr. Emer

Large Pores and scarring

Hi Angie,

Large pores and acne scarring can be treated effectively with combination therapy. I would suggest coming in for a consultation to see in person but generally speaking we've had great success with a combination of microneedling, light fillers, and laser therapy.  Topicals and your diet are also important to help control breakouts. 

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any more questions.
I hope this was helpful,
Dr. Daniel Barrett
Plastic Surgery
Beverly Hills, CA

Daniel Barrett, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Acne, Pores, Scars

Your acne is definitely treatable and the key is finding the correct course of treatment.  You may need a hormonal acne treatment or Accutane therapy to help cure the acne.  The scars can then be treated with Fraxel or eMatrix and a few chemical peels for the pigmentation.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Acne and acne scar treatments

The photos are limited and do not replace an in-person consultation with an experienced provider but here are my initial thoughts. It appears you have a combination of acne scarring and visible pores. Your skin also appears irritated, possibly from topical medications you may be using for the acne. You also appear to have active acne which should be controlled/treated prior to proceeding with any acne scar treatment. There are several treatments for acne scarring and large pores including non-ablative fractional lasers (Fraxel), chemical peels, and microneedling. 

Treatment of Acne Scarring

Thanks for your question. I would suggest a medical grade skin care program to reduce the thickness of your dead skin cell layer (stratum corneum). This one (below) would be excellent combined along with Retin A 0.05% or 0.1% starting three times a week and advancing frequency as tolerated. You can order it online direct from ZO Skin Health. The Retin A you will need a prescription for. Your best results will be with a combination of home skin care and procedures, not just procedures.
For procedures- consider a series of Medical Microneedling facials performed with PRP (Platelet rich plasma)- the so called Vampire Facial.
Larger scars "pock marks" will respond nicely to Bellafill- be sure to see someone experienced with this technique of Bellafill for acne scarring.
Lisa Vuich, MD
ZO® MEDICAL $260 Qty:
ZO® Non-Hydroquinone Hyperpigmentation System
For Restoring Even Skin Tone
A multi-product, skin therapy system designed for the treatment of hyperpigmentation without the use of hydroquinone.
Brightenex™ Skin Brightener & Correcting Crème, Non-Hydroquinone – 30 mL / 1 Fl. Oz.
Ossential® Daily Power Defense – 30 mL / 1 Fl. Oz.
Retamax™ Active Vitamin A Micro Emulsion – 30 mL / 1 Fl. Oz.
Restoracalm™ Soothing Recovery Crème – 30 mL / 1 Fl. Oz.
Oclipse-C™ Broad-Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 50 – Net Wt. 60 g / 2 Oz.

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician

Skin Resurfacing

We normally use a combination of treatments.  Microneedling using PRP is very safe.  We also have had success using Fractora and laser resurfacing sometimes in combination.  A proper skin care program is also essential.  Our medical aestheticians are very well versed in facials and medical grade skin care.  Finally, we use a complexion analysis system to monitor progress and maintenance.