Any suggestions for procerus muscle? (photos)

I was told by a Doctor in Michigan that there is nothing they can do for the deep wrinkle I have on the bridge of my nose. It was very discouraging. I did have Botox injections 2 years ago and it did not help. Is there anything new that can help?

Nose wrinkle

As the other doctors have stated, I would recommend Botox treatments carried down unto the bridge of your nose to help with the wrinkle you are concerned with.  After the Botox has softened the wrinkle you may than consider the injection of a filler such as Juvederm to help with any remaining issues.  Good Luck!

Glabella Treatment - Fillers, Botox, Brow Lifting

this area can be treated with a combination of non invasive approaches or they can do surgery of the bone and muscle of this area.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Deep Lines Between the Eyebrows

Hello! Thank you for your question, and for sharing your photos. The answer to your question is that yes - there are things that can be done for a line such as yours. As several of the other physicians here noted - Botox will help a line  above the bridge of the nose - but it takes several treatments, over the course of about 9 months to see the full effect. I suspect that you will need a relatively high dose - 20-24 units - in your procerus and corregators, and a bit of patience. :) After about 9-12 months, if you are not satisfied, a small amount of a filler such as Juvederm can be place in that line to lift it the rest of the way to the surface. I hope that helps, and good luck!

Botox and fillers should improve

Thanks for the great question and the photos. Botox may not have worked previously because it was not dosed correctly. I agree with the other doctors that having a botulinum toxin injected in the area should definitely soften the appearance of that area. If the toxin is unable to get you to where you want, then it can be softened with a very superficial filler. It's very important that you see someone with a lot of experience injecting as this can be a very dangerous area for placing filler. Best of luck in your area.~Dr. Sieber

Nose crease

The crease you have can be treated by using Botox to relax the muscle motion , and then I would add a filler to the area to fill in the transverse line. You may want to do this incrementally so you can gauge the results. Hope this helps.

Pamela Stuart, MD
San Jose Physician

Transverse nasal crease

My first, 2nd and 3rd option is Botox/Dysport. It needs to be done consistently for a period of 9-12 months. If no improvement, fillers can be done. I'd use an HA filler so that it can be removed. This is an area of danger with occlusion and you must be aware of that.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Procerus line

It can be difficult to treat and make perfect but it should be able to make it dramatically better fairly easily.  Botox to the crows feet and frown area (glabella) both serve to lift the eyebrows and can take a very long time done alone to correct a deep etched in crease.  If combined with a filler, which only frequently needs to be done once in the deep crease, the line improves dramatically. Then if you continue just with the Botox. the crease should stay much better if not near perfect.  Good luck.

Seth Kates, MD
Worcester Dermatologic Surgeon