What non-surgical option do I have for eye bags, their shadow circles and crows feet? I'm only 29 and it's embarrassing. (Photo)

Doctor Answers 4

Lookin' good!

You already look youthful, but Botox and laser skin resurfacing can give a nice glow to the skin and prevent the crow's feet and sun damage from becoming more apparent as we age. From your photographs, it doesn't appear that you need any fillers. All the best!

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 139 reviews

Smoother eyes

From your photo, you look great!  It's hard to tell exactly what's going on, but. . . .   crows feet can be treated with Botox/Dysport, and  hollowing under the eye can be treated with various fillers (we call this area the lid-cheek junction, where the eyelid skin meets the thicker cheek skin).  Don't forget topical skin care - Elastiderm does very nice things to smooth the skin of the eye area, and you should always use a good sunblock.  Laser resurfacing is a possibility, and there are lasers of various strengths and invasive qualities.  It looks like you might have a bit of thick lower lid muscle (are you a tiny bit bunchy under your lower lashes?) - that would have to be addressed with a limited surgery.  So there are lots of options - a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist will help you make good treatment choices.

Barbara L. Davies, MD, FACS
Savannah Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 10 reviews

What non-surgical option do I have for eye bags, their shadow circles and crows feet?

You are young but sometimes these problems occur early and are bothersome to our younger patients for a variety of reasons.  It's actually good to start treating them early--you may ward off or delay the need for a surgical intervention! I typically tackle problems like this using a combination approach--thin filler products to smooth the lid (e.g. Restylane, Belotero), a neurotoxin (e.g. Botox) to prevent the bunching & wrinkling of skin that occurs around the eyes w/ muscle movement/squinting), and I sometimes will add a laser resurfacing to help tighten and smooth the wrinkles that have already developed.  Make sure you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist who has experience treating this problem area--not all providers feel comfortable working around the eyes!

Megan Jack, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 15 reviews

You might also like...

Dark circles and crow's feet

There are numerous options to assist you, mostly fillers for the under eye wrinkles and botox for the crow's feet.  The two can be used alone or in combination for best results.  Most dermatologists and plastic surgeons are skilled at providing these services.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon
4.3 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.