Sebaceous hyperplasia or acne scar? (Photos)

I have this little bump on my nose from about 3-4 years. It came out when I was in highschool and it is still there.It is bumpy and has a white-yellow thing inside but when I try to pop it,nothing happens.Can someone please help me to get rid of it?

Doctor Answers 2

When in Doubt, get a consultation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is really hard to tell from your photos and I'd advise against attempting to pop it again. I recommend getting a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist. I recommend a combination approach with lasers and microneedling/prp. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Acne Scar versus Sebaceous Hyperplasia versus Acne Cyst

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is impossible to tell from the photo which it is.  Each of these needs to be treated separately.  A consultation with a board certified dermatologist will evaluate and effectively treat this area.  Best, Dr. Green

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.