Should I use Panoxyl twice a day?

Hello there! My dermatologist told me to start using panoxyl to treat my acne. The problem is that she wasnt specific for when. Should i use it in the at night before i apply benzoyl peroxide. Or should i just use it in the morning amd use cetaphil at night? Thanks

Acne

Thank you for your question. There is no need to use it twice a day as the studies showed once a day to be as good and using it twice a day will only lead to more dryness and irritation. I generally advise to use it in the morning but its really down to patient's choice. It can stain clothes and pillows so be careful but it is a very good acne treatment.

London Dermatologist

Acne

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

London Dermatologist

Benzoyl peroxide treatment

Thank you for your question. Benzoyl peroxide (aka Panoxyl) can be used in either the morning or at night. With that being said, be cautious when using Panoxyl at night because the medication may stain sheets or pillow cases. In my experience, benzoyl peroxide is usually tolerated once a day, and increasing to twice a day may cause some irritation, redness, or dryness. I highly recommend you consult with your dermatologist regarding your treatment and dosing regimen. Take care and good luck.

Benzoyl peroxide treatment