Neck scar. What shall I choose to make my neck look better? (Photo)

Dear Dr's. I had chin implant removed in 2014 (because Dr.did not put it right in 2011) and the scar does not look good. I talk to two specialist. One would put another implant in but I do not want it. Second said he would open the scar and sew neck muscles together then make better looking scar. I am 41 and do not know why sew the muscles I think I have a problem with the skin because of the scar. I was thinking pul my skin to each side would help...like a facelift?? Thank you

Scar revision on the chin

I would suggest a combination of Ultherapy to the neck + surgical scar revision of the neck scar. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Neck

You have what we call platysma banding. The neck muscles have spread. You will benefit form resuturing the neck muscles together. The same scar for the chin implant can be used and can be revised at the same time. You will do well

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Neck contour

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from skin re-draping through a neck lift.  If good technique is used, this can be done with minimal scarring and can result in a natural look, not over-done look, with rejuvenation of your face.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD