I'm 26 and just noticing laugh lines appearing - how to prevent them from settling in? (photos)

I am a 26 y.o female. I've noticed just recently that I am starting to get slight laugh lines. I do use Botox to prevent the wrinkles on my forehead and my glabellar from being permanent as soon as I noticed them. I take great care of my skin but want to prevent these wrinkles from settling. I am all for Botox of the area but not sure if that's best? Or would a filler be better? I just don't want the Botox to make my smile look weird and not sure how much to start. Any advice is wonderful!

I'm 26 and just noticing laugh lines appearing - how to prevent them from settling in?

Low-viscosity fillers such as Belotero®/Restylane Silk® and the new Juvederm Volbella®area ideal for filling in superficial lines on the cheeks and around the mouth

Miami Dermatologist

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Though smile lines appear to be wrinkles they are in fact facial creases that develop after use of the muscles that help one smile.  Treatment is best pursued with a dermal filler to smooth the transition from the cheek to the upper lip but be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to maximize your results. 

Juvederm For Laugh Lines

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about your facial appearance.  Based on your photos, I would suggest addressing your concerns with a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler such as Juvederm.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Prevention photo aging

thanks for your question. Botox is not the treatment for laugh line . As a prevention you beside having a good lifestyle and using sunscreen, you can try few sessions of non ablative clear lift laser . I recommend to see an expert physician for consult as they are other options available 

Reza Akef, MD
Toronto Physician