48 yrs old female, can you have lower face lift, tummy tuck, breast implant, thigh lift?

Mother of 3 two c sections, large legs regardless of weight. What should be done first and in what combination thigh lift and lower face lift or breast implants and tummy tuck. How many of these procedures can be done at same time. Which of e would have most impact.

Combined preocedures

I do not think you wil be able to do all of those at the same time, but some can be done.  For example, I do not think a medial thigh lift is good to do with a tummy tuck, because you are doubling down on procedures that promote immobility...breast/tummy is a good combo, and I have done face/breast or face/tummy...at some point though time asleep comes into ones thought process....A consultation is the strat, but AI hope that helps some!

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Combining multiple body contouring procedures

Thank you for your question. A tummy tuck and breast augmentation are great procedures to combine as they address some of big changes that happen after pregnancy or weight changes. It is often referred to as a mommy makeover. It is a bigger procedure and may often require a night in the hospital.

In a separate procedure, you can combine the face lift and thigh lift together. 

I would consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your options in more detail, review if there are any medical reasons to stage the procedure. If they deem you are healthy to have have the combined procedure, then you will only have two recoveries for the four procedures.

Mommy Makeover

After 3 pregnancies and 2 c-sections, I recommend breast surgery then the tummy tuck.Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs but it is probable that you will need a lift more than implants or a combination of both.I recommend a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift™.The breast tissue is reshaped creating upper pole fullness, elevated higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection without the use of implants.A tummy tuck will make the breasts look larger by making the abdomen smaller.I recommend Abdominoplasty with Mesh Reinforcement for women who are not planning future pregnancies.The mesh increases the strength of the abdominal wall resulting in early satiety, weight loss and maintains the reduced weight.After these 2 procedures, then I would consider the lower facelift and thighlift.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Great Question! -Physical Exam Is Needed

Dr. Michael Decherd makes a great point! It’s important to consider the surgical combination’s recovery mobility.

Surgeries can be combined, but the most important part is that it’s safe. Which areas of concern bother you the most? I would suggest talking candidly with a qualified Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Take the time to find a plastic surgeon you feel comfortable with, and are sure will take excellent care of you, while also providing you the premium results you deserve.

Without a physical exam it’s near impossible to suggest which procedures to do first or which to combine.

Wish you the best of luck,
Dr. Franco-Webb

Combining cosmetic plastic surgery procedures is not uncommon. Whether you are a reasonable candidate for those procedures depends on your anatomy, your medical history, realistic expectations of the outcome and an understanding of the pros and cons of the various procedures.

Safety should always be the main concern. It is generally recommended that the length of elective surgery be less than six hours. The procedures should be performed in an ambulatory facility that is accredited by one of the national organizations like the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities (AAAASF) or in a licensed hospital. Many surgeons would recommend an overnight stay at an appropriate facility where you can be appropriately monitored. Most patients prefer undergoing one anesthesia and one recovery period which is usually more cost effective.

Having said all of that, most ethical well trained plastic surgeons would feel that the combination you are asking about is excessive and has significant risks factors if performed in one stage. Do the areas that concern you the most first.

Keep in mind that following the advice of any surgeon on this or any other web site who proposes to tell you what to do without: examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, and taking a full medical history, as well as discussing the pros and cons of each operative option would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by The American Board of
Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with, and discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. That way, you can have a better idea what is safe and makes the most sense for you.

Before proceeding with a combination of these procedures, you should have medical clearance from your primary care physician and a discussion between him or her and your plastic surgeon.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Yes procedures CAN be combined but it depends on your general health, the expertise of your surgeon, and your physical examination.   Not all tummy tucks are the same.  Some require repair of hernias at the same time, or removal of a lot of tissue along with liposuction.  Medal thigh lifts usually have more postoperative pain and since it is very important after a tummy tuck to get up and walk to prevent blood clots then this procedure may need to be delayed depending on your preoperative risk for blood clot formation.   All these factors need to be evaluated and determined by a competent Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience doing combined procedures.   Best to you

Combined procedures

Multiple procedures can be safely performed in one setting. But it depends on your health status (past medical history), your anatomy, and the amount of surgery/type of procedures to be done. An overnight stay may be recommended. Please talk to your plastic surgeon to get their thoughts on the matter as they are most familiar with your medical history and overall health status. Several of the procedures you listed can be done in one setting, but I do not think I would recommend all of them being done at the same time.
Please confirm that your plastic surgeon is board certified plastic surgeon specifically by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Procedures can be combined to an extent

Thanks for your question. I agree that many of these procedures can be combined. Without an exam, it is hard to comment as to which procedure would give the biggest impact, but I would bet on the abdominoplasty. This can probably be combined easily with the breast surgery. I would consider the thighs, but again this needs an exam. Hopefully you can find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that is an ASAPS member to consult with. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Multiple Aesthetic Procedures

First of all we would have to examine to see what are you best options relative to you and your expectations. We always want to be safe so I limit elective operations to around six hours typically. There are several procedures that can be done during that time frame. 

Can you have lower face lift, tummy tuck, breast implant, thigh lift

That is a lot of surgery to have at one time. I usually recommend doing the face lift separately so that there is less swelling of the facial tissues after surgery and the surgery time is shortened.