Acne scars/hyperpigmentation. Any suggestions?

I have old and new scars, hyperpigmentation, dark spots everywhere from acne. I have had them for years and they only get worse and darker. I use sunscreen when I go out and have a set skin routine. I am in need now to find a product or ingredients that will be best to fade and ultimately get rid of them. I appreciate anyone's advice.

Place acne in remission to prevent PIH

Great start with the sunscreen. To reduce dark spots forever you must halt acne, or you will be in a cycle of acne, then PIH or skin darkening. I suggest seeing a general dermatologist for this. Once you acne is under control, the use of lasers, HQ, and peels can help reduce the dark areas. More in the video below. Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne Scarring/Hyperpigmenation -- Requires Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Eclipse Micropen

This will likely require a series of treatments including TCA cross, peels, fillers and possibly laser treatments (clear + Brilliant, Fraxel, erbium/co2, aerolase etc).  I suggest a formal consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

PIH from acne

It is hard to give full advice without seeing you or pictures. In general, Retin A and hydroquinone is needed. Also chemical peels would help. For scars, Infini is my choice of device.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Acne Marks and Hyperpigmentation

A combination of hydroquinones and Retinoids with Vitamin C topically applied would be the best combination for your skin combined with chemical peels or Clear & Brilliant.  Please consult an expert in chemical peels for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green