What are these spots and how can I treat them? Topical treatment preferred, if possible. (photo)

So, I have had these since my teenage. I used to have acne breakouts like any other teenage boy and I think these are the legacy of it. It is making the face look red and patchy. These marks did subside when I was prescribed antibiotics for a different skin condition i.e. acne kelodalis nuchae a couple of years back.

Treating old scars and marks from acne

You have a combination of red marks and brown spots from acne.  The red marks will respond to the V-Beam laser and the dark spots to a combination of bleaching creams and chemical peels.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

PIH from acne

These are areas of hyperpigmentation from acne scars. These might respond to retin A and hydroquinone. Chemcial peels might help. Infini is good for acne scars.

Steven F. Weiner, MD