How would you treat my thigh cellulite? (Photo)

Any advice on how to treat my cellulite? I was oversuctioned in a Lipo surgery 3 years ago. Recently, we tried correcting the cellulite through subcising and fat grafting. It has slightly improved but 80% of the waviness and dimpling still remain. Help!

Treatment for cellulite

Thanks for your question. Cellulaze attacks the structural problems beneath the skin that cause cellulite. A minimally invasive, laser-assisted procedure performed by a qualified physician, Cellulaze is a anti-cellulite treatment clinically proven to increase your skin's natural thickness for a smoother, healthier look that lasts. Hope this helps. Best, Dr. Katz

I think you're there.

Without your before pictures, it is impossible to say for sure, but I believe you are very likely to have the best result possible.

Cellulite is the result of fibrous attachments between the skin and deeper tissues.  Cellfina is a remarkable advance in the technology to release these attachments.  Subcision is the more "primitive" approach, but is essentially the same process. As you know, the fat grafts were used to fill in any defects that were not the result of these tethers.

Despite the availability of technologies such as Cellfina and many others, I do not feel that you are likely to get enough further improvement to justify the time and expense.  Admittedly, I do not own many of these other devices, but it is because of their lack of significant scientific research to demonstrate their effectiveness.

Lastly, I would suggest asking your plastic surgeon about skin laxity.  It is certainly possible that your residual concerns aren't related to the immediate area, but are rather the result of tissue laxity descending into your trouble spots.  If appropriate, he or she might recommend a thigh lift to resolve those issues.

Combined treatment to best eliminate

Hello Gayinam!

I see that you could benefit from possibly more than just one type of treatment. I would suggest Cellfina treatment to help target the deeper cellulite that you have and to follow up with Ultherapy to help tighten and smooth the skin for the areas that Cellfina cannot treat. 

Best of Luck!

Dr Arash Moradzadeh 

Arash Moradzadeh, MD

Cellfina/Cellulite Treatment/Ultherapy/Thermi RF/Body Contouring/ Hi Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.

It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.

Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.

It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser. 

If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.

Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years. 

Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure. 

It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or

Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Thigh cellulite

For some of the dimpling and spots on your buttocks, but more on your thighs, I would recommend Cellfina to release those bands which will help.  I don't think all of the fine, wrinkling or waviness will go away, but the larger ones will be improved or gone.  For the finer lines, which are likely due somewhat to skin excess, I would have a couple of options.  Basically your options are to lift or increase volume, both of which would put tension on the skin, like a balloon, to make them go away.  Nonsurgical ways to lift would be to use Ultherapy, and to increase volume I'd say go with a BBL, if it's possible.  You'd have to see a PS in person for their recs

The Cellfina Solution for Cellulite with Venus Legacy/Exilis Ultra, Cellutone, VASER, Fat Transfer

Cellfina is the BEST treatment for cellulite, but works best in combination with Sculptra and other body treatments like Venus Legacy/Exilis Ultra and Cellutone/Zwave. A VASER HI DEF procedure can also be done for more contouring. See an expert  Best, Dr. Emer.

I would recommend Cellulaze

Cellulaze is done in my office with local anesthetic with an optional oral sedation. it is FDA approved and is usually a single treatment. This is often very helpful. it is important to know that no treatment can make you 100% perfect, so it is important to be realistic with your expectations.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite

Based on the pictures you show, you appear to be a good candidate for Cellfina. It is probably the most effective treatment on the market for cellulite today with patient satisfaction rates well over 90% two years after treatment. Obtain a consultation with a plastic surgeon near you for an examination and to discuss further.