Scar tissue developed at border of lower lip from filler injections?

I got fillers, Restylane and Juvederm back to back about four years ago and I did not like the results. I waited a long time for the fillers to go but the border of my lower lip is still very large. I recently asked a nurse why the fillers won't go and it was explained to me that what is causing the border of my lower lip still being large after years is that scar tissue developed from the injections. Does this mean the doctor was not a good one? Is there any way to reduce this scar tissue?

Soft tissue fillers and soft tissue

There may still be an opportunity to reduce the filler and reverse the soft tissue swelling around the filler. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles