What would you Recommend I do for my acne / skin problem. What is my skin problem? (photos)

I seriously don't Know what to do anymore. I've tried many products. Ive tried eating healthier and . I've done a bunch of home remedies but nothing seems to work. I would like an honest helpful answer please. I need advice! My acne has gotten better through out the year. Idk if this is acne I got or to be honest I don't know what it is I have. They just look like brownish red spots on my face but inwards my face if that makes sense. please help

Active acne, discoloration and scarring

The active acne needs to be treated with isotretinoin (Accutane).  The course will be approximately 4-6 months but will definitely clear your acne.  The brownish red spots you are referring to is residual red and brown color that can occur once acne clears.  This does resolve on it's own but can take some time.  To expedite the process, there are topicals, lasers and peels that can be used.  Finally, the scarring will need to be addressed.  I have been having great results with a radiofrequency device, Infini.  I like to use this device especially since it is great for all skin types.  Multiple treatments are needed but you will be happy with the results.  Good luck.

Payman Kosar, MD 

Charlotte Dermatologic Surgeon

Scarring Acne

Whenever acne starts to leave permanent scarring, the first treatment that I consider is Oral isotretinoin.  That is the first step, find a board certified dermatologist and get started on Isotretinoin.  Unfortunately this can be pricey if you don't have health insurance.  It is also a pain to take this medication as it requires monthly labs.  That said, isotretinoin is the ONLY medication that CURES ACNE. It will make a drastic difference in your skin and likely clear you up within 6 months.  Once you have treated your active acne, give it a few months to see what degree of scarring you have after treatment.  Finally, you can start looking at cosmetically repairing the existing scars with things like laser resurfacing etc.  It takes a lot of time and a lot of work but you will be amazed at the outcome.  Best of luck!    

Jeremy Sunseri, MD, FAAD
Panama City Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne treatment

Hi  seen your pic. to begin with you need a basic skin care regime of facewash topical retinoids and treatment of active acne with topical antibiotic cream .once the inflammation subsides chemical peels can be undertaken in sessions .final will be your acne scar addressed with microneedling procedure to improve your skin texture .of most  important  is to use a broad spectrum sunscreen during the treatment. do consult a board certified dermatologist and go ahead with the treatment.

Acne approach

There are many layers to acne treatments. Starting with a good at home regiment that will decrease the inflammation in your skin, and help treat the active acne. Once you have your active breakouts under control, you can begin skin care lasers to start to reduce the scarring that has accumulated over the years. Your skin is at an increased risk for PIH (Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation) due to your increased ability to tan, so low and slow is the best idea for lasers and your skin. 

Phillip Chang, MD
Leesburg Plastic Surgeon

Red spots and brown spots from acne

The Red spots that you have appears more like active acne. You can reduce the active acne with aggressive skin therapy. Then the brown spots that I see now are your scars that need a multi layered approach. Just lasering will not do the trick. We have a 5-7 step process that treats all acne scars in about 2 hours.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cystic acne not responding to at-home remedies

Visit a local dermatologist ASAP.  The acne you are experiencing is cystic and scarring, and needs to be treated aggressively by an acne expert.  While accutane (isotretinoin) is certainly an option, you may also respond to oral antibiotics with spironolactone, which offer fewer side effects.  However, a detailed medical history needs to be performed along with an examination to determine your treatment options.

Ted Lain, MD
Austin Dermatologist

Find a Dermatologist in your area and discuss starting a course of Accutane (isotretinoin).  If this particular medication is not a good fit for you, there are other topical and oral medications that will be very helpful in treating your acne.  Best of luck! 

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

For your active acne you need isotretinoin and i often combine with spironolactone.  Light lasers, peels and skin care can be used as the medication is working and then you can treat the scars after you are done with the isotretinoin treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.