Premature wrinkles - how to prevent them from getting worse?

I am 23 years old with wrinkles that suddenly started to develop 4 months ago. My chest has wrinkles, I have hollow under eyes with creases, upper eyelids are getting crepey, my facial skin is sagging and I am forming nasolabial folds. My hands have loose, wrinkled skin too. I am worried about continuing to age like this. My skin is very sensitive, to the point where doctors say I can't use retin-A. What can I do instead to prevent my skin getting worse, except for a sunscreen and moisturizer?

Facial aging

There are a several things that can be done to fight the signs of aging. If you cannot use retin-A, there are more gentle forms of vitamin A derivatives which are available. Treatments ranging from chemical peels, lasers, and microneedling can all be done to stimulate your body to create more collagen in the dermis which will tighten and thicken your skin for a more youthful appearance. For more options, it is important to have an in-office examination to determine your skin type and what options are available which are both safe and effective on your particular skin. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Beverly Hills Physician

Premature Wrinkles

Some of the things that may cause premature aging could be smoking, Sun exposure, chronological aging or genetics. I am not sure why recently you have noticed more wrinkles, but it's important to understand there are different kinds of wrinkles and different types of anatomies under those wrinkles. There are actually 3 types of wrinkles, first is caused by aging skin including exposure to the environment, especially ultra violet light from the sun or tanning booths, and smoking. There are also wrinkles that may result from loss of facial volume, muscle and bone loss. The third type of wrinkle is the result of muscular contraction. my first suggestion would be to make sure to use sunscreen EVERY day. UVA/UVB dual protection!!  Make sure to put it on your face, hands, neck, chest. In my Beverly Hills practice, I focus and specialize in age management,treatments, not just fixing the outside, but also addressing the inside. I always recommend to my patients - at any age, to use a good medical grade fish oil and other supplements that can help build the foundation for strong healthy skin. If your wrinkles are the result of skin aging and or exposure and you have an adequate amount of fat volume with good muscular and bone structure the best treatments to start are going to be skin deep, literally. I would suggest you work on the surface of the skin and find an experienced cosmetic surgeon or dermatologist that offers medical grade facials, chemical peels and medical grade at home products. Maintenance is the key to great results. good luck. 

Andre Berger, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Premature Wrinkle Prevention

I find that a combination of lasers or RF, sculptra for collagen building, microneedling/prp, ultherapy and skin care help rejuvenate the skin and prevent aging.  Please see a cosmetic dermatologist for a long term treatment plan.  Best, Dr. Emer.