Hip-dip and leg cellulite question (Photo)

In 2014, I had lipo on just my outer thighs, causing cellulite on back of legs, prominent hip-dip and loss of my hourglass shape. To reduce the cellulite and restore shape, I had revision surgery. To reduce cellulite, the doctor performed subcision and fat transfer to back of legs. To restore shape, I had a little fat transfer to the hip dip and outer thighs. My hip dip and cellulite improved but I think more should've been done. What further revisions/procedures do you suggest?

Don't think the answer is Cellfina

Based on your photos, it looks more like your issues are related to poor skin quality/tone and deeper irregularity that have any good solution.

Cellfina only works on dimples that are like hail damage with some improvement on those dimples that a slightly elongated.

External devices hold promise for very superficial issues (but I remain suspicious of over exaggerated claims) only.

Maybe your surgeon will consider if you have enough skin laxity to try a lower body lift.  That is best decided by actually put the tissues under tension, elevating them into to position and reassessing the areas of irregularity.  Give a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust a call and see what he or she thinks.

Best of luck.

Cellulite Treatment

Hi and thank you for your question! You can use Radio Frequency (RF) technology and get decent improvement of your cellulite problem. I personally love Venus Freeze as it addresses the problem at multi-levels (it destroys and "melts" the excess fat while stimulating collagen and tightening the skin) and I have done so many Venus Freeze treatments at my practice with great success. However you can use any other medical-level/FDA-cleared standard RF devices for this purpose. I hope it helps and good luck!

Elham Jafari, MD
Irvine Physician

Cellfina/Cellulite Treatment/Ultherapy/Thermi RF/Body Contouring/ Hi Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.

It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.

Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.

It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser. 

If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.

Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years. 

Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure. 

It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or

Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz 

Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Cellulaze

Thanks for your question and photos. For the cellulite, you may want to look into cellulaze. It is a minimally invasive procedure that treats cellulite from under the skin rather than over the dermis like typical treatments. Cellulaze is a quick healing process with long-lasting results with a single treatment. Unlike existing cellulite laser treatments that utilize radio frequency or laser energy on the outside of the skin, Cellulaze fights cellulite from under the skin to smooth the connective tissue between fat cells that cause cellulite. Hope this helps. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

The Cellulite Solution -- Hip Dent Is Because of Hanging Skin Needs Tightening or Lifting or More Fat

Cellulite can be treated with a combination approach: RF Treatments/Cellfina, Exilis/Venus Legacy and Shock/Vibration Therapy/Z Wave/Cellutone, subcision, and fat transfer. Overall you need more fat transfer or lifting to the area to get a true contouring. I suggest you see an expert for treatment options.  Best, Dr. Emer.