Scars on the chest !!!!! Acne scars/ hypopigmentation/ hypertrophic. Any suggestions? (photos)

Hi, I have scars on my chest after acne. I tried already few green peels treatments and it doesn't work. I need help please! I am 29 years old now and i have those scars for 2 years now....

Scars on Chest -- Clear + Brilliant/ Viva/ Fraxel, Microneedling/PRP, Sculptra

i suggest a formal consultation with an expert. this area is greatly treated with a combination of lasers and needling. adding sculptra builds collagen.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Acne Scars on your Chest

An in person consultation would be needed to make the best treatment plan.  I would suggest either eMatrix or Fraxel based on the type of scars.  Hypo pigmentation can not be treated with either modalities yet.  Best, Dr. Green

Hypopigmented, hypertrophic acne scars.

In my opinion, you are correct. You have hypopigmented, hypertrophic acne scars. Treatment for these type of scars need to be divided into treatment for the hypo pigmentation and treatment for the raised portion of the scar. For the raised aspect of the scar intralesional injections of verapamil and 5-fluorouracil are helpful. I would avoid steroid injections because this may adversely effect the light color. For treatment of the hypopigmentation, Eximer laser as well as non-ablative fractional laser are helpful. Multiple sessions may be required.  Look for a physician who has experience in treating these type of scars. Ask to see photos. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel

Fraxel is a laser skin rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces your outer skin, erasing imperfections. It also encourages the production of collagen, a protein found in connective tissue.The result is clearly visible lines, folds and wrinkles. Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive technique that affects only about 20 percent of the facial skin exposed to it. The most common side effects of Fraxel laser treatment are swelling and skin redness, which should subside within a couple of days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance. The risk of infection or scarring is very limited. You should stay out of the sun 2-4 weeks.

Elliot M. Heller, MD