Best treatment for 2nd Degree Burn Scars on the face

Hi there. Im 23 and I suffered 2nd degree burns when i was 1 year old as a result of a fire that happened at home. No direct contact with the fire. Just heat. I am very interested in getting an opinion as to what can be done about them to improve the appearance. Im very conscious of scars specially under a light since the irregularities on the skin are more noticeable then. Thank you

Doctor Answers 2

Scar on Face -- Lasers, Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers, Dermaflage/ScarMD, skin lightening

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
this is going to need a series of treatments including lasers and PRP for some improvement. I suggest seeing an expert in scars and lasers.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Melarase PM and Plato's Scar Serum

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Start with Melarase PM and Plato's Scar Serum, followed by fractional laser, light chemical peels, IIT, and PRP.


Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.