What are effective and proven options to treat cellulite? (Photo)

My sister (who hasn't quite embraced the digital age) is looking for proven options to treat cellulite on the back of her upper legs. She's very fit, eats well. Works out 5-6 times a wk & tried every exercise that targets that area, however after yrs of trying and no improvement, she decided to try Venus Freeze, but after 6 treatments she did not see any improvement. I did a search here on realself but did not find much information on cellulite treatment. Thank you in advance for any answers.

What are effective and proven options to treat cellulite?

Without examining her it is difficult to be certain what would be best for but depending on the severity, cellulite treatments such as CelluTite can significantly improve the appearance. In more severe cases fat grafting can also be used to help fill the indentations. She should get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon near you to see what they have to offer. Best of luck!

Cellulaze for smoother skin

Thank you for your question. Cellulaze is a revolutionary procedure that can reduce the appearance of cellulite. By releasing the bands that pull the skin creating the appearance of dimples, Cellulaze is a proven and effective FDA-approved treatment. Cellulaze offers you a way to truly make your dimpled skin smoother. I would suggest you have a full consultation with a qualified physician to map out the best treatment plan for you. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Subcision & Volumizing Fillers Can Help To Improve Large Cellulite Indentations

Unfortunately, to date, there is no consistently effective treatment for cellulite, a condition that affects about 80 percent of women. Lasers and radiofrequency devices have been tried for this and in general, the results tend to be variable, unpredicatable and inconsistent and the studies supporting these modalities seem to me to be supported far more by device manufacturer backed marketing hype than hard science.

One technique that I have used for cellulite composed of many larger indentations (as opposed to the typical orange peel or cottage cheese-like variety) entails subcision (performed with a large bore cutting needle using local anesthesia) to break up the tethering bands that pull the overlying skin downward and to stimulate new, native collagen synthesis (neocollagenesis). I typically follow this by the injection of a robust volumizing filler--usually a combination of Radiesse and Voluma XC, which I use for this purpose in my Upper East Side Manhattan office and Emervel Volume and Restylane SQ, which I use in my Israel satellite facility. The injection of the volumizers not only gives immediate plumping of the depressions, but also has a biostimulatory effect to further promote new collagen formation to fill the indentation Two to four treatment sessions spaced at a minimum of six week intervals are typically required to achieve optimal results.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Cellulite Treatment

There is no cure for cellulite however cellulaze in combination with venus or velashape give over a 75% improvement if done by a physician with experience and who has a practice dedicated to this.  I suggest seeing an expert, not just anyone who claims to do body contouring, so you get the best results.  Dr. Emer.

Cellulaze

This the only FDA approved long term treatment for cellulite. I have used it in my practice for 2 years and have been very impressed. The procedure is well tolerated and can even be done without general Anesthsia. 

John Mancoll, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Best Options?

For treating #cellulite, my office typically recommends one of three treatment plans: #Cellfina, #VelaShape III, #ThremiSmooth.

#Cellfina is the newest technology and probably most effective. It is a minimally invasive one-time procedure under local anesthetic that removes the fibrous bands under the skin that cause fat to bulge through creating the appearance of cellulite. The results are fairly #permanent.

#VelaShape and #ThermiSmooth are #non-invasive #bodyshaping products that can help reduce the appearance of your cellulite over the course of multiple sessions.

Book an in-person consultation with a #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to determine which treatment plan is right for you.

Best of luck.

Effective and proven options to treat cellulite

Your sister might investigate Cellfina which appears to be the best treatment for cellulite on the market currently. Under local anesthesia, Cellfina uses a needle like blade to release the fibrous bands causing cellulite dimples. Patient satisfaction with the procedure is well over 90% three years following treatment.

Cellfina / Cellulite Reduction/ Liposuction/ Skin Tightening / BBL/ High Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.
It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.
Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.
It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser.
If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.
Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.
Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.
It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.  It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Thank you for your good question

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze option

If you truly have cellulite, cellulaze may be a good option for you. Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done under local or just IV sedation. It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment. Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sugene Kim