How to get rid of red spots left from acne? (photo)

Is there any other way to get rid of red spots that acne leaves on your face, other than the Pulsed Dye Laser? I don't want to do a laser, but my scars are looking even worse because all of them are red at the base. I also have flat red spots. Some on my forehead are new, others on my cheeks are a few years old and look like they may never fade. How can I fade away the red spots without a laser?

Acne spots

Give it some time and try some topical solutions such as Retinol A, or taking vitamin E orally and topically. If you are still not satisfied with results, you may try microdermabrasion. Even though it does not remove scars, it does improve texture and condition of the skin and minimalizes scars. Some peels might work for you as well. It seems to me that your scars are fresh, so I would wait some time and then make an appointment with dermatologist who will evaluate your scars and lead you through treatment options that suit your needs. Good luck

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

IPL and time for red spots.

Yes, time can help. I may take 12 months or more to fade. If you do not want laser, give it time. Another option is IPL which is not a pulse dye laser. All  the best, Dr Davin Lim. Laser dermatologist . Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

How to get rid of red spots left from acne?

Thank you for the photo. I know you said you did not want to do a laser but a VPL Laser or light treatment will work great for you. It is not like the Pulsed Dye Laser with the pain and downtime. The VPL treatment will target the redness and also can help with any active acne. It doesn't require downtime and is not painful. I would look into this treatment because it is fast and effective.. Good Luck!

Bruce K. Smith, MD

Red acne marks

These are best treated with a vascular laser. The Excel V or Vbeam are good lasers for this. It will take one or 2 treatments.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Red Acne Spots and V-Beam laser

The V-Beam is the gold standard for treating red spots and there is nothing else that works better or faster.  Please consult an expert in acne scars and lasers.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD