What kind of treatment do you recommend for my acne scars? (Photo)

Acne scars and best treatment

Fraxel Laser is the best treatment for these type of scars.  It will take several treatments at the 1550 setting to treat these scars.  If you have a darker complexion the Ematrix may be preferable since you can treat these scars and the laser is "color blind".  I have had great success with both lasers.  Please find a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with lasers for the best results.

I would recommend Fraxil Lazer and Stem so grafting

Thanks so much for your photograph. There is no single remedy that will allow hundred percent improvement on the scars however my experience is that the combination of several treatments of Fraxil Laser in combination with adipose derived stem cells can provide a 40 to 60% improvement. Results may vary.

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Fractional Laser Resurfacing for Indented Acne Scars

Hi Flor.  Thanks for your question.  We would recommend fractional laser resurfacing (Sciton Profractional) for your acne scars.  The procedure pokes thousands of tiny holes in the skin.  In doing so, the scar tissue is softened and the skin recontoured.  Your are an excellent candidate for the procedure and it would likely be 2-3 procedures to get excellent improvement in the acne scars.

To see other patients that have had similar procedures, check the before and after pictures at the link below.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD